Monday, May 25, 2009

Attitude Adjustment...

Well it is safe to say that this 3 day weekend spoiled me. Friday when I got off work, Daniel picked me up and we headed straight to LR for my little sisters graduation. We were supposed to come back Friday night but it ended up raining so we were able to stay at my parents which was wonderful because my mimi and uncle david and the bradley crew were all coming over after graduation and I was so sad that I was going to have to leave. We had a blast! Saturday morning I have to say I was a little selfish...we left my parents around 10:30 to head back so D could get to work. I was so disappointed because it was Memorial Day weekend and I had Monday off so I just wanted to get to do somehting fun and enjoy the long weekend, but being married to a farmer means that in the summertime, if there is no rain, our plans involve staying at home because D will be working around the clock. Although I have been dating Daniel for 4 years and knew exactly what I was signing up for when I became a farmers wife, it is still really hard for me to get used to not getting to up and go to the lake every weekend or even spend the weekend in LR with the fam. I can do those things without him of course but I like when he is around :) Saturday as we were driving back, in the rain might I add, we realized that D would not be working the rest of the day so we could have just stayed in LR. I was frustrated and sad and found myself being kind of immature about it. It is not Daniels fault at all, and it is something I have to learn to deal with. I decided I needed an attitude adjustment. We got home and both took a nap, then woke up and decided to go ride around and shoot out pistols. We went to My sister in laws saturday night for steaks and played with the kiddos. It turned out to be a GREAT saturday night. Sunday we went to church and sunday afternoon was a repeat of Saturday afternoon. Sitting here today thinking about going to work tomorrow, all I can think about is how wonderful and relaxing my weekend with my husband was and that I don't want it to end...I'd say the attitude adjustment did wonders for this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment