Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weather...

Today is supposed to be my first day training at the Stuttgart clinic. After a few weeks I will start at my clinic in Dewitt. If anyone knows me very well they know that I am ridiculously afraid of storms. It starts thundering and lightening and I tense up big time, even shake sometimes. I can't sleep in storms. Naturally, the night before my first day at work it stormed like crazy. I didn't sleep well AT ALL. I woke up early, got ready, and headed to Stuttgart which is about 50 minutes away. As I was driving throught Stuttgart, I noticed that it looked like another tornado had swept through town...there were trees down and uprooted everywhere, powerlines down, traffic lights out, and everywhere. Needless to say I arrived just in time to be told to turn around and go home because the clinic had no power...of course. Oh well, it turned out ok because I had lots of laundry to do but I was still a little disappointed because I hate "first days" and I was just really ready to get mine over with!

So my little sister is graduating high school this month. Her last day of school is Friday, its insane. I can't believe she is already to this point. I remember doing all this not so long ago, and I remember feeling so old. Now that I am looking at her, I feel like she is way too young to go to college. I get so nervous about all the things that could happen to her! I've been there, I know how the parties and boys and fraternity houses can be and I don't think I want her to experience it yet! Haha!

On a lighter note, the sun is out for who knows how long and I am going to try to enjoy it for the few minutes it decides to shine...

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and enjoyed reading it. I love your design and the colors...great combination.
    I hope you will stop by and visit me. The May give away has started....and next week I will be blogging from Disney World.

    ReplyDelete